Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I didn't take a FRIGGIN picture!!!

I am sorry.
I haven't forgotten about you. I just get busy with Autism and crafts and life... I have lots to always share, I just forget.
So, what did I forget to take a pic of?
My SUPER awesome new casserole!!!

The other night I made a good ol' fashion bone in ham (it was delicious and I got a pic of THAT!) but, holy leftovers Batman! I had to think fast and get creative on Sunday afternoon! All I could think was "What the hell am I gonna make with left over ham that these guys will eat?"
I googled, I found nothing. I went through my Pinterest and nothing. I was standing in my kitchen thinking... "Ok girl, you got tons of food... something has to go with...." There it was. 3 boxes of Kraft Dinner Sharp Cheddar.
"Oh, casserole? Yes? Ok ok don't get too excited, it will turn to fear! what can go in this casserole?"
I opened the fridge, there was the ham, out on the counter it went.
Then the block of cheddar, yup we need that.
What else? What else? And there it was. Like the foodie angels pushed it forward saying "USE THIS!!!"
Frank's red hot sauce.
Ah ha! Casserole of AWESOMENESS in the making!!!!

Indigo's NO PANIC leftover Ham Casserole
3 boxes of Kraft Dinner Sharp cheddar
2 cups of leftover ham (I used a lot you probably don't need this much)
1 cup of shredded cheese
a dozen shakes of Parmesan Cheese

I cooked the mac and cheese according to package directions and made it up like you would to eat it BUT I poured in 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce! Stirred like a mad woman! Then I poured the mac and cheese into a lasagna pan... made it all even and feeling like Paula Deen! lol I diced up the ham and sprinkled it on top and then sprinkled a BUNCH of shredded cheese! MMMMM It looked good! but, what else can I use??? Do I have parm cheese? Oh hell yes I do! SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! I shook some parsley flakes on top, popped it into the oven at 350F for 30 minutes and VIOLA! Dinner was served! I got 6 thumbs up (2 from each kid) and only one serving as they devoured it!
Absolutely going to make it again (and again and again... you get the drift lol)

Hope this inspires some creativity in your kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment