Saturday, November 17, 2012

Saturday Baking Project... Tie Dye Cake!

We have had a LONG weekend. Yesterday was a PA Day so the boys were home. So today I got on Pinterest early and found some baking ideas that seemed easy. 
A lot of the ingredients, I didn't have so, I kept searching. VIOLA! I found this blog called EasyBaked and started searching through her posts, ohhhhing and ahhhing at the gorgeous pictures and then I saw it. The Tie Dye cake!
Oh I knew I had enough stuff to make my own version!

You can get the recipe for this awesome creation on EasyBaked! 
These were our results!
I used the Wilton Cake Decorating colors for the batter (I never have actual food coloring in the house thanks to a mess with it a few years ago!). I had sky blue, lemon yellow and terra cotta colors. The kids said it looked like melted crayons lol
We separated the batter into 3 bowls and mixed each color, I poured the colors into the pan and swirled them with a toothpick.















32 minutes at 350F and POOF magically we had a super cool cake :) 
I let it cool and then mixed the leaf green coloring with Betty Crocker cream cheese icing. It's pretty good! The boys really liked it (Ty has had 5 pieces so far! That rarely happens!) So, you can say this recipe was Autism Approved! :D
 















Now, to try one from scratch again, maybe? 
I know I will be checking out and trying more recipes from EasyBaked soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment